The Center For Leadership Development is a transformative place for empowering African American youth to achieve their highest academic, career, and life success. CLD has outgrown its current space and issued an RFP for a planned expansion. This project scope includes:
• 6-8 additional multi-functioning classroom spaces with class sizes large enough to comfortably accommodate 30-35 students
• Potential for some of the newly built classrooms to be opened and joined to form one large auditorium or gathering space that seats between 300 and 400 people (as many seats as possible)
• An expanded College Prep Institute to expand counseling and tutoring services
• Additional bathrooms, including separate bathrooms for CLD staff; for visiting adults, and for youth
• 10-15 additional offices
• Cubical space for an additional 25-35 employees/volunteers
The Project Team includes arcDESIGN providing Architecture, Interior Design, and Leadership, KBSO for MEP/FP Engineering, JQOL for Civil Engineering, Mader Design leading Landscape Architecture, and RLR serving as the design lead for Experiential Graphics. Davis & Associates is in charge of Construction Management.