arcDESIGN collaborated with Indiana University and researchers to renovate and convert Multidisciplinary Engineering and Sciences Hall (MESH), into multiple laboratory spaces for Indiana University’s program in intelligent systems engineering. These include the FAMES Lab, the VAIL Lab, the Bondesson Lab and the Intelligent Biomedical Systems Lab.
The Fibers and Additive Manufacturing Enabled Systems Laboratory (FAMES Lab) consists of approximately 3,800 sf of clean rooms, optical laboratories, and manufacturing facilities with innovative highly customized equipment. It includes a high-bay area, which houses one of the most elaborate OptoGear specialty-fiber drawing towers worldwide.
- Draw tower facility (high-bay 100k cleanroom)
- Two fiber preform fabrication laboratories (100k cleanrooms)
- Additive manufacturing facility (100k cleanroom)
- Two optical/electronic characterization laboratories (100k cleanrooms)
- Fiber design and general maker space
arcDESIGN experience includes advanced research/high acuity lab design, high security and safety specifications, lean design, cross-functional applications, clean rooms, hybrid flex labs and specialized engineering solutions.