The Fine Arts and Commerce Building at Indiana State University is a WPA Art Deco structure originally designed by local Architects Miller and Yeager. Rich in interior and exterior materials and dedicated by First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt, the building has unfailingly served the University and Terre Haute Community since 1940, playing an important part in the development of young aspiring artists, and musicians. While some of the artistic teachings have changed from hands-on to digital in their expression, the building still plays an important role in launching students into creative careers and driving artistic expression into the Terre Haute Community.